Friday, September 14, 2012

The Journey Begins

Hi everyone,

Hope this note finds you well.

The first in a string of reports from the road.  Once again, please email me if you would rather just follow the blog at http://rl2012pacific.blogspot.com/  The email is sent as a group so it's not trouble.  I didn't attach any pictures but I usually send some.  I use Photoshop to make them smaller.  On the blog, if you click on them you get a larger version.

Take care,
Rod

Sept 14 – Well, the packing is almost done.  FedEx picked up most of our luggage today and our bags going with us are 99% ready.  Tomorrow we head for Seattle where we join the ship.  Even when I'm going someplace fun I don't enjoy packing at all.  When I was traveling for business it was awful. 

I picked up our Buick Lacrosse at John Wayne yesterday.  Actually I didn't want a full-size car but since it has Washington state license plates they gave it to me to send it home.  I asked if they were paying me for the service and they just laughed.  Actually they did pay me in a way.  Usually a one-week rental on a mid-size car is $200 more than I paid for this rental.  Since the Lacrosse is a full-sized, luxury car I don't know what it usually costs.  Also, Hertz is usually one of the more expensive companies.  I used Kayak.com to find the car and noticed that the companies that are usually less expensive when I rent in Texas were all higher than Hertz in SoCal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment